Robert P. “Rob” Major joined Ver Ploeg & Marino in an Of Counsel capacity after a 23 year career at one of Orlando’s oldest general practice law firms. Rob’s litigation practice is focused primarily on assisting individual, corporate and institutional clients in insurance coverage and “bad faith” disputes against their own insurance companies. Such disputes typically involve circumstances in which a liability insurer is refusing to provide coverage for a claim against the client under an auto, commercial general liability (CGL), professional liability/errors & omissions (E&O), or directors & officers (D&O) policy. Rob’s practice also extends to providing assistance to other lawyers throughout Florida whose practices occasionally embroil them and their clients in insurance related issues with which they are unfamiliar.
- The Florida Bar (1985)
- United States District Court, Southern District (1985)
- United States District Court, Middle District (1985)
- United States District Court, Northern District (1987)
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit (1987)
- B.A., University of Central Florida (summa cum laude, 1982)
- J.D., University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law (cum laude, 1985)
Awards and Recognition
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell since 2002
- Recognized in “Best Lawyers in America” publication for Commercial Litigation since 2014
- Recognized in “Florida Super Lawyers” List for the Insurance Coverage Practice Area since 2015
- Listed in Orlando Magazine as one of “Orlando’s Top Lawyers” since 2013
- Named a “Top Rated Lawyer” in Appellate Law by ALM
Presentations and Writings
- Adjunct Instructor, Department of Legal Studies and Criminal Justice, University of Central Florida (1993 1994)
- “Lawyering in the 21st Century: Practical Tips on Automating Your Practice,” The Florida Bar (1998)
- “Basic Technology for the Legal Practice,” The Florida Bar (1999 and 2000)
- “Comprehensive General Liability Insurance: Coverage Part A,” Sterling Education Services (2003)
- “Litigator’s Guide To Liability Insurance,” Sterling Education Services (2003)
- Chiquita Brands, International, Inc.
- Cutrale Citrus Juices USA, Inc.
- Palm Beach Rehabilitation Center for Children and Adults, Inc.
- Miami River Port Terminal, LLC
- Limbach Facility Services, LLC