Community Service

We provide powerful representation for policyholders.

Overtown Youth Center

Ver Ploeg & Marino partner Steven A. Marino, Jr. (top row, second from right), helps present a grant to the Overtown Youth Center

Community Partnership for the Homeless

Ver Ploeg & Marino attorneys and staff periodically serve dinner to homeless Miamians at the Community Partnership for the Homeless (top and left). VPL attorney Brian S. Jacobson(above) readies the drinks.

Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run

Ver Ploeg & Marino fields a team at the annual Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run in Miami (above). Proceeds benefit the American Red Cross. In the photo at left, VPL staffer Barbara Clements (right) rejoices after crossing the finish line.

South Florida Symphony Orchestra

Ver Ploeg & Marino is a proud supporter of the South Florida Symphony Orchestra. Pictured here, at a reception for the symphony at Ver Ploeg & Marino’s offices, are (from left to right): Pianist Jeffrey Chappell; VPL shareholder Christine A. Gudaitis; symphony Chairperson James Rickard; symphony President and CEO Jacqueline Lorber; VPL shareholder Michael F. Huber; and symphony Music Director Sebrina María Alfonso.

Strike Against Child Abuse

Ver Ploeg & Marino attorneys and staff (above) participated in the annual Strike Against Child Abuse Bowling Tournament, benefitting the Family Resource Center of South Florida. VPL attorney Jeffrey L. Greyber (left) tries for a spare. All proceeds of the events benefited children who have been abused, neglected or abandoned by their parents.

Race for the Cure

From left, Anelis Sanchez, Cary Steklof, Freddy Cantillo, Madelein Espinosa and Ana Asack were among the VPL employees who participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. As much as 75 percent of the funds raised at the race go toward providing breast health research, diagnostics, screening, treatment, services and education for uninsured or underinsured women in Miami-Dade, Broward and Monroe counties. The remaining 25 percent helps finance national research to discover the causes of breast cancer and, ultimately, its cures. For more information, click here.

Super Lawyers
Florida Legal Elite
Top Lawyer - South Florida Legal Guide
Association of Corporate Counsel - South Florida Chapter
Back to top